Saturday 30 April 2016

Tiwa Savage revealed a lot about her marriage gone wrong with Husband, Teebillz, she said she Knew her Marriage Wouldn’t Work Out.

Tiwa Savage, the singer and mother of one has just granted an all explosive tell-interview against the allegations leveled against her by her husband of two years, TeeBillz which could officially mark the end of the 2-year old marriage between Nigerian pop star and her husband, Tunji ‘Teebillz’ Balogun,

Speaking with ThisDay‘s Azuka Ogujiuba in a 45-minute long interview, Tiwa Savage explained that;

‘My marriage and relationship has been very public and at one point I decided that I didn’t want to make it public anymore. So I’m always nervous when it comes to his birthday because if I post they read meaning to it, if I don’t then they’ll say we’ve broken up or there is problem in our relationship’.

‘In this case I knew the anniversary was coming and I was either going to post or not, but the honest truth is that for the past two months, TJ and I have not been together, and it was something that we were trying to work through but for me I knew that this marriage wasn’t going to work. It’s been like that for the past two months.  I didn’t know if I should post and keep up appearances or if I should face reality’.

Tiwa who was close to tears during the entire interview revealed that Tee Billz has been living a lifestyle beyond his means.
Apart from buying things he can’t immediately afford, the singer disclosed that her husband is in huge debt of N45million and his creditors are already on his tail.
‘Since I sacked him from my management, he has been struggling financially. He was stealing from me, so I had to save my marriage and separate business from family.
TJ wants to keep up with the Joneses, he wants to live a life that is not true. He went to buy a car, a Mercedes that he knew that he didn’t have the money for it. The person kept up calling that he wants the balance. I ended up paying the balance of over 3M'.
'When it was time to pay, I put the money in his account, so they don’t know I was the person paying for it. He also bought a Rolex, and didn’t pay the balance. They threaten to go to the press, and to protect my name, I will have to pay for it. He goes to clubs and leaves the tabs for me, and I have to pay for him. He is putting us in debt,’ she revealed amid tears'.

She continued,‘What set off all of this was that he went to borrow 45 million Naira from someone and he lost it. I just found out that EFCC was investigating a case against him, and my brother called me from London and confirmed it that TJ is in deep trouble, and that some people might hurt him, that I should be careful. In my frantic mode to try and suppress this situation I went to one of my big bros who can help.

A week ago I told TJ that we were running out of Jamil’s food, but he didn’t do nothing. He complains, but cuts his hair twice a week. I have been searching for N45M so that they don’t kill him, so that they EFCC does not carry him.'

The delectable songstress further disclosed that she has been paying for everything while her husband uses his money for extramarital affairs. She said Teebillz  has not spent a dime on the family since their son Jamil was born on July 22, 2015 in London.

‘Since my son has been born, TJ has not spent one naira. I paid for the hospital bills, I paid for his flight to come to London, I paid for the apartment we stayed for 2 months, the clothes, the nursery, the grocery, even when we were in London we didn’t just go shopping for my son, we shopped for TJ as well so that when we come back to Nigeria he’ll have new things because his excuse most times is, I don’t have money, I don’t have money…

‘So I try to pay for everything because I have to pay for everything otherwise where will we be? So at least he can go out hustle or focus on the contracts he’s looking for. And he’ll still tell me he doesn’t have money to buy diapers but he has money to get haircut twice a week, he has money to do laundry, he has money to take women to hotel rooms’.

She appears to want to simply concentrate on raising her son in the best way possible.
The Mavin records act who said she never wanted to divorce her husband, promised she wouldn’t prevent the toddler from spending quality time with his father.

'I will never stop him from seeing Jamil, never. Even today, Jamil is still saying ‘dadada’, and I was saying it with him as well, that’s his first word. I want to bring him up to be a good man,’ she said.
She however apologized for anything she might have done wrong, knowingly or unknowingly, while also stating she’ll continue to support her estranged husband with prayers.

‘If there is anything that maybe I overlooked, or didn’t love him enough, or made him less of a man, then I am sorry. I am absolutely sorry.
Tunji I am sorry. But you know I tried everything, you know I love you so much, and I am sorry, I never wanted to divorce, and I never wanted it to get to this. I want you to get better and I would always pray for you’.

No comments:

Post a Comment