Friday 29 April 2016

Drake Talks His Complicated Relationship With Jay Z, Questions Nicki Minaj’s “Love” For Meek Mill

To commemorate the release of his fourth album Views, Drake sat down with Zane Lowe to discuss his status in the rap game and his latest release. As the 20-track album is being live-tweeted by the masses, Drizzy dished on a number of subjects. The lengthy conversation included a segment about “Pop Style,” the rapper’s collaboration with Jay Z and Kanye West. Confirming that he excluded the duo – aptly named The Throne – from the final album cut, Drake also revealed that he was unaware of Jay Z’s two-line contribution.

"Jay didn't really do a verse. Really ‘Ye just sent it to me like that. He said, ‘Jay just did my first few lines for me...People want to hear Jay rap,’" he said.

Drake clarified the terms of his current relationship with Hov, stating that though he respects Jay Z, the two don’t always agree when it comes to the music.

"I've expressed my admiration and respect for Jay countless times,” he told Lowe. “Sometimes we just fall on opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to the rap world."

Lowe also probed the “6 God” about his thoughts on Lil Wayne and Birdman’s beef. Calling the riff between Young Money and Cash Money “hard to watch,” the rapper expressed hope that the two could solve their trouble. Drake also discussed his relationship with Nicki Minaj, noting that he hasn’t spoken to her since his Meek Mill beef.

“I don’t really talk to Nicki. Again, another person that I have a lot of love and respect for. Not only for our past and how much work and time we put it, but even just the way she dealt with the [Meek Mill] situation at hand,"  he said. "I understand what love is, and I understand a personal situation. She dealt with me how I expected her to, which was with class, and I could only ever do the same. There were points when I would sit there and go, ‘Okay, how’s this gonna go? How deep is your love?’ I’ll always have respect and love for Nicki.”

No comments:

Post a Comment