Friday 17 June 2016

21-year old Pakistani man beats 19-year old teenage sister to death over marriage argument

A Pakistani man, Saqib Masih, 21, on the evening of June 10 beats his teenage sister, Anum Masih to death, smashing her skull with a large wooden stick, because he didn't want her to marry her boyfriend.
"She wanted to marry, we didn't agree on this wedding. We were arguing," Saqib spoke from a police cell in the city of Sialkot. "She was my sister. I didn't mean to kill her. I've been crying ever since. She was my sister."
Yousuf Masih, the victim's father, said that he was against the match because the two families were related.
"They started arguing. He hit her with the stick, he has no intention to kill her, " the father said. 
 
"Things just got out of hand, he reacted in anger. In the end I guess it did become an issue of honor."
He added that he filed the police report against his own son.

No comments:

Post a Comment